Bob partners with senior executives and high-potentials to increase the scope and depth of their impact on their organizations. He brings together his expertise and experience with his clients' extensive knowledge of themselves and their organizations to create change and drive results. The results of his coaching are observable and measurable, and commensurate with the organization's need for more powerful leadership in balance with the executive’s expectations for increased life balance, fulfillment and success. He has coached hundreds of executives & high potentials in all organization sizes, levels and functions, and a broad range of professional backgrounds globally.
Bob brings to his coaching engagements 40 years of experience working in and with international and domestic private and public sector organizations. Bob’s Senior Executive, Consulting and Executive Coaching positions include roles at Gulf Oil, Husky Oil, Genstar Structures, Canada Post Corporation, BC’s Children’s Hospital, Richmond Savings, Right Management Consulting and R. W. Benwick Associates.
Bob is also a Senior Executive Coach affiliate and member of a select global network of world class behavioral coaches associated with the one of the world's premier Executive Coaching firms.
In addition to his coaching work, Bob is a Business Professor & Faculty Member at Kwantlen University’s School of Business in British Columbia.
Recent Coaching Assignments Include:
• CEO and a leading research physician at a large health quality organization to reduce stress and strengthen his relationships with key stakeholders—Government, Community and client healthcare organizations and agencies
• President and CEO of a leading Materials Distribution firm to develop the visioning, strategic thinking and inspirational leadership skills to successfully advance the organization’s large-scale strategic change initiative
• Senior Vice President of a leading computer communications and networking equipment firm to strengthen emotional intelligence in order to expand relationship strategies and better discern which strategies to employ
• President of a global mining corporation to enhance leadership effectiveness and drive strategic growth
• Newly hired Senior Vice President at a high profile defense firm to accelerate his leadership transition into an executive role with responsibility for a key corporate operating division
• President and CEO of a multi-billion dollar banking and financial services firm to develop leadership awareness to effectively lead the organization through a large-scale, real-time, business critical strategic change
• Senior Vice President and General Manager of a EPC firm to develop strategic thinking capability
• Vice President of a large Defense and Space firm to assure a seamless and successful transition from senior command within the U.S. military into a senior corporate executive role
R. W. Benwick Associates Ltd.. 1996 – Present
Chairman, Master Executive Coach & Confidante
Bob works extensively with leading domestic and global organizations and their executives in the areas of accelerated leadership transition, high-potential, career transition, performance enhancement, professional development, transition management, 360°, EQ, intervention and group coaching. Bob helps organizations and individuals quickly increase their effectiveness in ways that make them more successful and fulfilled.
Kwantlen University, School of Business, 1996 - Present
Professor & Faculty Member, Business Management Department
As a Business Management Professor with Canada’s largest university/college, Bob develops and delivers university courses in the areas of Leadership, Managing Change, Managing Organizational Behavior, Human Relations in Organizations, Management, Business, Human Resource Management, and Union-Management Relations.
Richmond Savings, 1994 – 1995
Vice President—Human Resource & Organization Development
Bob chaired the Executive Committee and provided strategic human resource and organization development leadership within Canada’s second largest credit union with revenues in excess of $2.1 billion and 1000 employees located on the west coast. Contributions included the introduction of real-time large-scale strategic change initiatives that focused on dramatically enhancing the organization’s competitive capability through its human capital.
British Columbia’s Childrens’ Hospital, 1983 – 1993
Vice President—Human Resource & Strategic Management
Bob was a key member of the Executive Leadership Team of this leading pediatric university tertiary care teaching hospital. He provided strategic leadership in the areas of staff acquisition, development, deployment and utilization in support of the organizations mission of being a global leader in areas pediatric clinical care, research, education and inter-agency joint venturing.
Canada Post Corporation, 1983 – 1985
Manager—Human Resource Management, Foothills Division
Conforce Structures Limited, 1979 – 1983
Director—Human Resource Management
Husky Oil Company, 1978 – 1979
ManagerHuman Resources Acquisition & Employee Development
Gulf Oil Canada, 1974 – 1978
Manager: Compensation and Employee Acquisition
Professional Qualifications & Expertise:
• Master of Science Degree in Organization Development, Pepperdine University
• B.A. Economics, University of Calgary
• Master Certified Coach (MCC) , International Coach Federation
• Professional Certified Coach (PCC) , International Coach Federation
• Certified Professional Coactive Coach (CPCC), Coaching Training Institute, San Rafael, CA
• Certified in Myers-Briggs Type Indicator – STEP II (MBTI), EQ In Action, Thomas International PPA/DISC, Berkman First Look, FIRO Element B, Strength Deployment Inventory, Situational Leadership, Executive/Management/EI 360 Assessment, Kepner-Tregoe Problem Solving & Decision Making
Contact Us Now
R. W. BENWICK ASSOCIATES LTD.
Ste. 30, 6488 - 168th Street
Surrey, BC V3S 8Z1 Canada
TOLL FREE: 1.866.95COACH or 1.866.952.6224
LINKEDIN BIO: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bobbenwick
"For most leaders, the great challenge is
not understanding the practice of leadership:
It is in practicing their understanding of leadership"
Marshall Goldsmith & Howard Morgan
Coaching for MORE Success & Fulfillment®